Welcome to the that Voice book website!
Follow the author's progress, post your reactions and personal stories, connect with others, learn about special offers and contest drawings! Enjoy reveling in the possibilities that voice has to offer!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Here's Jenny!

These last few weeks have been crazy. Forgive my apparent loss of interest by suddenly falling off my schedule to post regularly. My partner and I have moved into a new house, I landed full time employment (impressive considering I’m 20 weeks pregnant) working with at risk teen boys, our internet is not even connected to the house yet, and we had quite a few financial issues all crowding my mental space. But rest assured, I will not quit this project. Delays should be expected, especially now that I will be working, but if anything my job will give me fuel to write more.

Quick update, baby is healthy. We had an ultrasound today to determine sex, which we are keeping on the DL because we want to avoid gender bias among our family and friends. No barbies or steroid infested GI Joes relatives! Let's not establish an unrealistic body image that quickly. At some point in your lives, I hope you all take the time to watch this video by Jackson Katz called "Tough Guise" about the cultural standard of being male and its connection to domestic violence, and low emotional maturity in men. Watch this video and then you will understand my caution.


In other news, You can now contact me with comments, ideas, etc. via email. Even if you just send a quick greeting, I will be tickled to know I got an email for the site. I need to find the motivation to research ways to increase my readership and make the site findable. So keep reading!

Loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment